Hi Lennard and all,
I assume you're referring to Hunter College when you refer to Simi-I've
been on faculty at Hunter for a galizzlion years and have seen change but
they've been teeny tiny changes-I don't know if it's a lack of education
on behalf of the non-disabled faculty, administration, and students-it
seems to be a lack of political awareness and willing  to go to the mat on
behalf of the disabled faculty and disabled students-we should look at
other minorities who placed themselves in the administrations "faces" if
we don't put ourselves on the line, get serious, and engage in
similar activities rather than exclusively engaging in philosophical
dabate-we'll feel good but get nowhere fast -I'm unaware of any movement
that was successful through education exclusively-if you know fo
such an organhization, please inform.
In Unity,
Phyllis