Colleagues:  I draw your attention to the following job ad.

Andy Herod

GEORGIA, ATHENS 30602-2502.  The University of Georgia.  Two
tenure-track Assistant Professor positions starting in August 2000.

The Department of Geography is seeking two tenure-track Assistant
Professors to contribute to a dynamic and evolving Human Geography
program sharing a concern with issues of social justice and emphasizing
empirically grounded research that engages contemporary theoretical
debates.  We seek candidates whose research expertise complements and
extends current faculty interests.  Examples of such complementary
areas could include but are not limited to: race and ethnicity;
transnationality/ globalization; migration studies; critical cultural/
social geography; political ecology; environmental justice.  Candidates
should have a demonstrated record of research and teaching excellence.
Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters
of reference, and up to three samples of research.  Applications must
be received by December 10, 1999.  The University of Georgia is an
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.  Applications from
women and minorities are strongly encouraged.  Information on the
Department of Geography and University of Georgia can be found at
www.uga.edu/geography.

Apply: Dr. Andrew Herod, Chair, Human Geography Search Committee,
Department of Geography, 204 GGS Building, University of Georgia,
Athens, GA 30602-2502, USA.  Voice - 706.542.2856; Fax - 706.542.2388

_____________________
Dr. Andrew Herod
Associate Professor
Department of Geography
204 GGS Building
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602, USA

Tel: 706 542 2856
Fax: 706 542 2388
Email: [log in to unmask]

When I give food to the poor, they call me a Saint.
When I ask why the poor have no food, they
call me a Communist.

Dom Helder Camara

"Con el coyote no hay aduana"