The best introductory texts on the philosophy of the sciences are:

Bruno Latour (1993) 'We have never been modern'

Thomas Kuhn (various printings) 'The structure of scientific revolutions'

Chalmers (1981) 'What is this thing called science?'

Bruno Latour (1986) 'The pastuerisation of France'

Knorr-Cetina & Cicorrel (1981) [can't remember the exact title - something
to do with laboratory science]

Bruno Latour (1999) 'Pandora's box'

And for a riposte to some of the pretentious, psuedo-intellectual rubbish
that some of the philosophy/sociology of science stuff can be, there's a
fairly new, challenging but very worthwhile book called 'Intellectual
Imposters' (sorry, can't remember the authors, but it's translated from the
French).

All the best

Graham Gardner
Institute of Geography & Earth Sciences