Hello

I am the Data Mining Stream Organiser for next year's Young OR conference.  Below I include a call for papers.  Absracts should be emailed or posted to me by October 20th.  The conference is open to anyone doing research in data mining, not necessarily with a view to operational research.
I hope that this is of interest to you and I would appreciate it if you could forward ths message to interested colleagues.

(I am also sending this message to evolutionary-computing since there is also a meta-heuristics stream which deals which evolutionary search techniques and related matters.  Apologies for any duplicates.)

Thank you

Robert Burbidge, Computer Science, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/R.Burbidge/

Calling all young practitioners and researchers! Planning is now under way
for the next Young OR Conference, YOR 11, which is to be held at
Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, from 28th -30th March 2000.

The bi-annual Young OR conference is an event where OR practitioners and
academics in their first ten years gather to exchange ideas of latest
developments in techniques, and share experiences of the application of
the techniques and skills so vital to solving key business problems. If
you have been involved in OR for 10 years or less, this is an ideal
opportunity for you to get talking, sharing and making contacts.

The conference is divided into a number of streams covering a diverse
range of OR interests, such as:

        - Data Mining
        - Defence/Military
        - Health
        - Knowledge Based Systems
        - Meta Heuristics
        - Optimisation
        - System Dynamics/Soft OR
        - Telecommunications

To present your work here, all that you need to do is to submit a 200-word
abstract of your work to the organiser of the stream you would like to
present in.

A number of additional streams are being set up, including:

        - Consultancy
        - Decision Support
        - Finance & Banking
        - Government/Public Sector
        - Logistics
        - Planning & Scheduling
        - Retail & Yield Management
        - Risk Management
        - Simulation
        - Transport
        - Visualisation

If anyone would like to get involved in running a stream, then please let
us know. It's a rewarding task, looks good on your CV, and involves
finding a number of speakers to present at your stream and chairing them.

In addition, you can find up-to-date details about the conference and
the stream organisers on the OR Society's web pages:
http://www.orsoc.org.uk/.

For enquires about all of the above, or to locate your stream organiser,
please contact Chris Barrett <[log in to unmask]>.