I think that we should be advertising good practice examples of any
healthcare provision that impacts or could impact on A&E and I will
certainly place your comments Andrew about what the Trent region are doing
on the BAEM website along with what is happening in the A&E departments
themselves.  I was told that most GPs surgeries in Brighton will be open for
only 2 hours for emergencies on the bank holidays including 27th 28th and
31st.

Just before everyone exercises their communal angst about the festive
>season, and brandish the usual inaccurate but entertaining messages
>about GPs being "uncontactable" and "closed from Christmas Eve through
>to the 3rd of January", would you like to know what most GP services
>will be doing?
>The Health Authorities, certainly here in Trent Region, expect GP
>Surgeries to be open, even on the Bank Holidays, during this coming
>festive season. This means that patients will have access to "normal" GP
>Services on Mon 27th, Tuesday 28th, and all through that week.
Dr John M Ryan

Consultant & Senior Lecturer in A&E medicine
Royal Sussex County Hospital
Eastern Rd.
Brighton
BN2 5BE