Dear Amit,

Good luck and hearty congratulations for taking on this very crucial but
extremely difficult task of integrating EBM teaching in the first and II
year medical curricula. I am sure that this will involve extensive
co-ordination and in some instances even convincing and training the basic
scientists and other faculty in the basics of EBM.

I found your examples quite appropriate. Are you building up a bank of EBM
scenarios for the different years (or the modules, our curriculum is
delivered in modules for e.g. biological sciences, Principles of Medical
practice, cardiovascular, respiratory, haematology e.t.c). May be you should
coordinate this activity and pool the list members ideas
and post all the suggested scenarios on the web either through your
institute's web page or on the CEBM page.

Good luck and wish you success in your task of bringing EBM to the beginners
in medical school.

Cheers,

Badri

Dr.P.Badrinath M.D.,M.Phil.,(Epid) PhD(Cantab)
Assistant Professor and Epidemiologist,
Department of Community Medicine,
UAE University, PO Box 17666, Al Ain,
United Arab Emirates.