Hello - another new subscriber here, responding with a short intro for
those on the SoundscapeUK list.

My connection to soundscape studies/acoustic ecology comes from both the
'music' I make and also through my job as Studio Manager of the Electronic
Music Studio at Goldsmiths College, working with Studio Director Katharine
Norman. There will be a new web site for the EMS up and running in
September.

I hope to have a homepage with MP3 files of some of my music on the net
soon. I'm currently working on a piece made out of interview
outtakes/ambiance recorded by Ben Watson with Frank Zappa, six weeks before
he died, and another piece utilising a Nigerian 'death-threat phone
message' (lent to me by a friend-in-hiding). I'm currently writing &
researching a text on the alchemist Fulcanelli, Frank Zappa & James Joyce -
which is another thing altogether.

_______________________________________

Ian Stonehouse
Studio Manager
Electronic Music Studio
Goldsmiths College, University of London
New Cross, London SE14 6NW

tel.	+44 (0)171 919 7643 (direct)
    	+44 (0)171 919 7640 (music dept office)
fax. 	+44 (0)171 919 7644