Here are the sources of the last set of quotations: (August 14th to 21st)

1. ...I walk down a road, a white sandy road near the sea. There are broken
fences on either side, and Men come and look at me over them ... is from 'In
the Same Boat' in A Diversity of Creatures.

2. ... He said they used to begin with noises in his head like rotten
walnuts being smashed. The Voices were all mixed up with horrible dope
dreams... is from 'Fairy Kist' from Limits and Renewals.

3. ... the first thing he saw, standing in the verandah was the figure of
himself... is from 'At the End of the Passage' in Life's Handicap.

And here are the new ones for August 22nd to 28th

1. ... a well-wheel slowly creaking, going round, going round,
By a water-channel leaking over drowned, warm ground -
Parrots very busy in the trellised pepper-vine -
And a high sun over Asia shouting: 'Rise and shine!'...

2. ...When the storm is ended shall we find
How softly but how swiftly they have sidled back to power
By the favour and contrivance of their kind ?

3. ...Whether the broken, honey-hued, honey-combed limestone
Cream under white-hot sun; the rosemary bee-bloom
Sleepily noisy at noon and, somewhere to Southward,
Sleepily noisy, the Sea ...

All contributions will be gratefully received.

John Radcliffe