Dear Anna

I think the point you make is an excellent one. Having never worked in this scenario I had not considered it's usefulness in the work place.

Thank you for enlightening me once again.  Warm Regards Kevin.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Anna Lee, Principal <[log in to unmask]>
    To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
    Date: 15 August 1999 07:47
    Subject: Re: NHS practice

    Hello Kevin,

    I can understand your frustration but it does do us good to look at a broader group approach to hone our skills and challenge our imagination and flair. in the area that i spend a lot of time in (occupational health), the one to one training we have had so well drilled into us can be a disadvantage. In the workplace, one needs to approach the problem globally even when it is just a particular individual you are looking at - their work practices and organisation may be affected by the others around them and in treating him/her individually, you may miss something. I think working with groups whether they are "knee" groups or work groups seeks to challenge us as physiotherapists. Perhaps that's not quite what you meant.

    Cheers,

    Anna

    Anna Lee
    Principal,