  My starting point was the heroical biographical structure ( by Otto Rank,
Joseph Campbell, lord Raglan) and I compared the way saints are born,
raised etc. to the theories about how heroes are supposed to do the same
things. Basically I tried to find out how Irish saints are supposed to
live their lives - what are they expected to do during their lifetimes
and how do they start their couriers, deal with kings or druids who
resist them and how do they die. And of course it was tempting to
compare them to the secular Irish heroes as well, but I really couldn't
go too far in that direction, because of the size of my work.

Katja Ritari

--

Sunilantie 5 C 23