Principal,
Work Ready Industrial Athlete Centre

Write to me at [log in to unmask]
Visit me at www.workready.com.au

Snail mail:
Suite 3, 82 Enmore Road,
Newtown  NSW 2042
Australia

Tel: (02) 9519 7436
Mob: 0412 33 43 98
Fax: (02) 9519 7439
-----Original Message-----
From: Renee Cordrey <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sunday, 4 July 1999 10:53
Subject: Re: Tibial Tubercle Transfer

Elizabeth,

>         I have spoken to a few orthopedic surgeons, and there are mixed
> feelings about when patients should start weight bearing, how long splints
> should be worn, when is an acceptable time to return to sports.

I think you'll find that this is pretty standard in the field.  One doctor
says to use a knee immobilizer in gait after a total knee, another doesn't.
Some say to maintain total hip precautions for about 12 weeks, others say it's
a new lifestyle that must be maintained forever.  When working with a patient,
you just follow whatever that doctor's protocol is (unless it's harmful, of
course).

Just an occupational hazard.
Renee