>I use "province" myself, to impress my friends and fear my enemies.

No.  A province is different from an archdiocese.  An archdiocese is the see
of an archbishop.  A province is an area containing several parishes, the
principal one being the archdiocese.  Thus, in the Catholic Church in
England, the Province of Westminster consists of the Archdiocese of
Westminster, together with the Dioceses of Brentwood, NOrthampton, East
Anglia, and Nottingham.  The Province of Liverpool consists of the
Archdiocese of Liverpool, together with the Dioceses of Salford, Leeds,
Hallam, Middlesbrough, Lancaster and Hexham & Newcastle.  The Province of
Birmingham consists of the Archdiocese of Birmingham, together with the
Dioceses of Clifton and Shrewsbury.  The Province of Southwark consists of
the Archdiocese of Southwark, together with the Dioceses of Arundel &
Brighton, Portsmouth, and Plymouth.

Doctor Elasticus.