Did you leave library school in the last four years and are you
working in a public library?  If so, please read on.

I am conducting research at the University of Sheffield Department of
Information Studies for a BLRIC funded project 'The public library
workforce study'.

The aim of the project is to help the public library service recruit,
retain, support and develop a workforce appropriate to the current
and future needs of the service.

One important aspect of the project involves obtaining the views of
library school students who have graduated in the last 1-4 years, and
who are now working in public libraries, on a range of topics. Topics
would include how well they feel their professional education equippd
them to work in public libraries, whether their expectations of
working in a public library have (or have not) been met and whether
they intend to continue to work in the public library sector.

If you are interested in participating in this project, perhaps by
way of email exchange or questionnaire, please email me by 31 August
and I wll contact you with further details.  If email access in your
library service is limited, please pass this message on to anyone you
think might be interested.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Gordon Bower.

Gordon Bower