I thought I had read a number of years ago that cremation--whether or not
approved by the RCChurch--had begun to be performed due to the lack of
cemetary space. I remember reading an article where, if I remember
correctly, a law had been past allowing exhumation after only 20 years due
to the lack of space, whereby previously it was not permitted before 99
years!! If I'm wrong someone here will probably be able to set me straight.
Robert Colasacco