I used to have a reference for this, but the rule of thumb is that the upper
limit of the 95% confidence interval is 3/n, i.e. 3/8 for 3 patients.

Mark

Mark Ebell, MD, MS
Department of Family Practice
Michigan State University	[log in to unmask]

Helping Physicians Become Medical Information Masters
http://www.infopoems.com