FAHEY Megan wrote:

> Dear List Members
> I am currently involved in some work in Australia which is looking at
> establishing some diversionary options for adult offenders. The issues for
> offenders/alleged offenders with disabilities (particularly those with an
> intellectual disability) are quite specific. I am interested in any programs
> in existence that you might know of or sources/journals/web sites etc that I
> could investigate to get a sense of what happens overseas.
> Kind Regards
> Megan Fahey

This request was recently made on a mental health list that I also
subscribe to.  The person making that request, Jennifer Pyke, is based
in Toronto.  Her contact information is:

Jennifer Pyke
CRCT, 120 Eglinton Ave.E, Suite 800, Toronto ON M4P 1E2.
Fax (416) 482-5237.

Her email address is [log in to unmask]

I am a lawyer in Toronto working at a legal clinic dealing solely with
disability rights issues and would be interested in what you find as
well.  Toronto does have a diversion program.  Jennifer might be able to
provide you with useful information.

Hope this helps.

Patti Bregman
Staff Lawyer
ARCH: A legal resource centre for persons with disabilities
40 Orchard View Blvd, Suite 255
Toronto, Ont.
M4R 1B9
416-482-8255