> And I'm sorry Laurence, because this is hitting below the belt, but it
> needs to be said. When men who don't have children research mothers -
> they better be very careful not to fall into all kinds of foucauldian
> error - "constructing themselves as 'subjects' and improving their
> social status" at the expense of those who are in no position to
> research them straight back.

If this is the case than Singer shouldn't be allowed as a non disabled to
do research or speak about disability as he might fall into the same
foucauldian error constructing.....and improving threir social status
(ableism) at the expense of those who are in no position to research them
straight back(disabled).
.

> parents often seem to be pitted against children, but when the sun goes
> down- they're the ones who are left to raise the child, not a nameless
> cohort of disability activists with an answer for everything.

if it's just the parents who are left to raise the child without support
than there is already something wrong and it's better to tackle that than
to beat up on the disabled. Also a mother might raise the child but the
child has to live the life so a mother is not in the same position as the
disabled therefore ads I can't talk on behalf of mothers (as I am a man I
can may be talk better on behalf of disabled (asuming that the mother is
not disabled and I am.)

> Judy Singer

Dr. Gregor Wolbring
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Faculty of Medicine
University of Calgary
3330 Hospital Drive NW
Calgary, T2N 4N1