2nd Call for Papers (apologies for cross-posting)

We have received a number of proposals for papers to be given
at the 1-day workshop in Central Mediterranean Prehistory,
Saturday, 13 November 1999, at the Institute of Archaeology,
University College London.

Would all those interested please send titles and brief abstracts
by the end of September. Because of field work commitments,
these should be sent in August to John Robb (Southampton) or
in September to Mark Pearce (Nottingham) - addresses below.

The workshop is organized by John Robb (Southampton) and
Mark Pearce (Nottingham) and sponsored by the Accordia
Research Center, University of London.

This is a day to talk shop – to discuss our recent work on
Italian prehistory, much of it unpublished and in progress. Italian
prehistory doesn’t have a single primary journal or outlet in the
Anglophone world, and there are few occasions when we can
discuss our research and share ideas and information with
colleagues interested in the region for its own sake.
 We are seeking papers on all periods from the Paleolithic
through to the Iron Age, from Italy, Sicily, Sardinia and Malta.
Participants at all levels from student to professor are welcomed,
and we would like to accommodate all or most interested
speakers.
Contributions can be either synthetic, interpretive or issue-
oriented papers (20 minutes) or short reports on analyses or
fieldwork in progress. The latter will be presented as posters in a
formal session with a scheduled, chaired viewing tour.
 Please let your colleagues and students know about the
workshop.
----------------------
Dr John Robb
Department of Archaeology