Dear Colleague,

This is just a reminder that we are looking for contributions for
*assemblage* Issue 5, which will be on-line by the end of NOVEMBER
1999.

If you no longer wish to receive information about *assemblage*,
please reply to this e - mail with 'REMOVE' in the subject box. If
you are receiving more than one copy of e - mails please let us know.

We are seeking submissions from archaeology postgraduate students and
professionals for the following sections:

*Research Papers:  3000 - 5000 words defending a thesis: original
works, versions of conference papers or parts of forthcoming books
or dissertations.

*Features:  2000 - 3000 words, methodological and theoretical essays,
critical commentary, investigative journalism.

*Forum:  For Issue 5 we propose a theme of "Archaeology and
Ethnicity", this could include material culture and ethnicity, the
past as a political tool, archaeology's role in the formation of
nation states - hopefully forming an on-line debate.

*State of the Arch.:  Short pieces less than 2000 words describing
advances in investigation, research and presentation technologies.

*Field Notes:  Favourite sites, thoughts from field archaeology, short
articles or diary snippets.

*Reviews:  Book, television, conference, CD-ROMM reviews needed.

*Fun Pages:  Jokes (relevant to archaeology; fresh ones please),
anecdotes, acrostics, crosswords, cartoons.

*Info Section:  Brief entries for conferences, seminars, lectures.

The deadline for Forum, Research Papers and Features: 30 JULY 1999;
for all other submissions 27 AUGUST 1999.

We look forward to receiving your contribution, which can be sent to us
by email.

Best wishes

The Assemblage 5 Team

Katy Chance
Caroline Hamilton
Alison Hynd
Andy Wigley

                    -=<*@*>=-
*assemblage*: electronic journal of archaeology of
     the graduate students of Sheffield University
WWW: <http://www.shef.ac.uk/~assem>
E. mail: <[log in to unmask]>
Telephone: +0114-222-5102/9 | Fax +0114-272-7437
Research School of Archaeology & Arch. Science
West Court, 2 Mappin St., Sheffield S1 4DT, U.K.
                    -=<*@*>=-