Dear Eve,

This is a fascinating topic (though I still think a very extensive
one, especially since you appear to approach it very broadly). There
is an internet edition of Riccoldo da Monte Croce's "libellus ad
nationes orientales":

http://www.ou.dk/hum/kvj/riccoldo/IntroF.html

Cheers,
Christoph

> You request that I explain further the theme that I am currently
> pursuing.  The working title for my dissertation is 'How Did the
> Mendicant Friars of the Thirteen Century Approach the Non-Latin
> Christians?'.  My starting point (at the moment) is the 5th/6th century
> schismatics: Nestorians, Coptics, Greek, Syrian and Armenian churches;
> explaining their doctrinal differences, amongst themselves and naturally
> with Catholicism. I then want to ascertain who the Mendicants were, that
> they came about during the pontificate of Innocent III and what their
> role in society was deemed to be.
Dr. Christoph Cluse, FB III - Institut fuer Geschichte der Juden
DM-Gebaeude, Postf. 12, Universitaet, 54286 Trier, Germany
http://www.uni-trier.de/uni/fb3/geschichte/haverkamp/amigj/start.htm
tel. ++49-651-201-3303 / fax 3293