Dear list-members,

Does anyone know of any secondary literature on the spirituality of Peter Abelard? I'm working on the spirituality of his Romans commentary as part of my dissertation comparing PA's commentary with that of William of St. Thierry, and can find little on this subject apart from ch. 6 of Richard Weingart's Logic of Divine Love.  I've looked at Clanchy's and Marenbon's latest books on Peter, and they say little useful, and my survey of all the other available literature on Peter turns up nothing else. Have I missed something, or am I breaking new ground here?

Thanks,

Steve Cartwright
Western Michigan University