Carolyn M wrote:

>Today, 22 June, is the feast of ...
>
>* Alban, martyr (?) - protomartyr of the island of Britain; feast kept
>on this day throughout England and Wales, except in the diocese of
>Brentwood (23 June)

Is there a case to be made, I wonder,  for the replacement of St George by
St Alban as the patron saint of England, on the grounds of closer
geographical proximity and  local relevance ?

Carolyn also wrote:

>Today, 22 June, is the feast of ...

>* Paulinus, bishop of Nola (431) - studied under Ausonius; of his
>numerous writings, only 32 letters, 51 letters and a few fragments have
>survived

The name Paulinus prompts me to ask:  Can anyone direct me to a literary
source, please,  concerning St Paulinus who reputedly visited England in
AD.645, and may have visited North Lincolnshire (which was at that time in
the Saxon kingdom of Lindsey)?

Ron  Hornsby