I was thinking of the same episodes in Margery Kempe's book and wonder what
might be the distinction between the ritual wearing of white as a sign of
consecrated virginity and the practice of a nun's ritual "wedding" upon
taking final vows.  Anyone up on the latter practice?

Tom Long

Thomas L. Long

http://users.visi.net/~longt