In general, the public's ability to afford special clothing for such occasions
was probably very limited before the modern era.  The idea of paying for a
dress that would have been worn on only one occasion would surely have been
alien to the vast majority of medieval people.  Whatever "good" or "fancy"
clothes most people might own were most likely reserved for special occasions
and would have done double duty then.  The notion of "white weddings" only
gained popularity in England in the late 18th century, and then only among
the wealthier classes.

John Parsons