> I am trying to get hold of some maps of the east coast of Greenland.
> The problem is that the Geodaetisk Institut in Denmark, which is, as
> far as I know, the sole publisher of maps of Greenland, does not appear
> to have published maps for a very small area, which I require.
>
> I have tried unsuccessfuly to obtain maps of the area, through
> Geokatalog.  Does anyone out there know of any other sources for
> maps of Greenland ?

Caroline:

GeoKatalog is pretty good on Greenland. But ...

Geodaetisk Institut is now Kort- og Matrikelstyrelsen
(http://www.kms.min.dk/) and publishes 1: 250 000 scale topo maps of
the coastal areas.

Saga Maps have turned some of these into tourist maps (Saga Maps,
Hasseltoften 9, DK-Bo(with umlaut)skop, Denmark)

A series of 1: 100 000 contoured hiking maps of high quality are
being prepared by Harvey Maps of Doune, Scotland for Greenland
Tourist (http://www.Greenland-guide.dk/) The Web site should show
what's available.

Bob Parry

R.B. Parry