My name is Iris Rubbert and I am a PhD student at the University of
Birmingham, Centre for Urban and Regional Studies.
This is the first time that I use an e-mail listing, so please excuse
any possible errors.
About myself: originally from Germany, I was doing a Master's at the
University of Surrey in Tourism Management - my dissertation was on
the Management and Marketing of Visitor Attractions and Special
Events. I used the Isle of Wight as a case study.
For my PhD, I am planning to look into leisure planning and
management in the urban environment. As I have just started, I am
not sure yet whether I will incorporate special events into my
research. Nevertheless, I hope to gain from the discussions in this
listing.

Kind regards,

Iris
Iris Rubbert