Hi everyone!

 A committe at the university where I work is designing a "disability
 etiquette" brochure for the purpose of "educating temprarily
 able-bodied people" about  "dealing with people with disabilities."
   At the risk of injecting bias into my inquiry to you all, I must say
 that I am very nervous about this project and pretty much opposed
 to it altogether.  I am already in disagreement with much of the
 language that is being used and also don't see how they will be able
 to keep from making broad generalizations that do not apply to
 individuals with particular impairments.

 I would most appreciate input/opinion/experience with this sort of
 publication.  Do you think ithis type of brochure is a good education
 tool?
 If not, why?
 If so, how best to go about it?
 How do you personally react when you read materials that describe
 how people with disabilities "should" be treated by nondisabled
 people?

 Thank you in advance for your feedback.

 Best,

 Beth Omansky Gordon