Dear Listowner

Please can we have some clear definition about what the list is for?
I thought it was an academic tool, to allow people with a common interest in
the management of Trauma patients, pre- and in-Hospitally.
While, given recent postings about job vacancies and Motorsport Doctors
required, I can understand John Nelson's belief that "anything goes", this
posting is clearly a commercial one. It offers nothing to the list as a
whole, answers no questions, offers no stimulus for debate, and most of all,
does nothing to help us improve the care of patients in our various fields.
Now, it may also be that I have misunderstood the purpose of this list, and
that it is nothing more than a bureau for whinging about how busy we are,
castigating colleagues who do not share our enthusiasm, and now, seemingly, a
job vacancy board for Medical Equipment sellers.
I think our list, and its members, are worth more than that - when the debate
flows, and issues are addressed, the list is extremely enlightening. Most of
the postings fall into the latter category.
But this .....?

Andrew Mowat