Hi my name is Geoff Billett and I am a Community Psychiatric Nurse living in
Taunton.  I have had an interest in sacred wells for several years,  in particular those
of Penwith in Cornwall.  I visit as often as possible and try to see new wells as I hear
of them  ( or revisit favourite wells ) on every visit.  My favourite is presently that at
Sancreed

I have some understanding of the healing role they played to people in time gone by,
but have little understanding of their origin or the role they played in the
spiritual/socio-cultural apsects of the time.  Its too easy I guess to describe their
origin as pagan, as this labels rather than describes.  I would be grateful if anyone
could simply explain their role,  how often people visited and whether every visit was
a spiritual occasion.  Did they also have any political expediency?

At Sancreed there is an abundance of offerings,  likewise around the vicinity of
Madron well.  What exactly do the offerings signify,  and are the wells spiritually still
significant?

Lastly I am an exhibiting photographer - are there any photographic collections of
wells?

Thank you

Geoff