I have just returned from visiting a book fair in London, somewhat poorer than when I left home.

One of the things I saw after the budget ran out was the following

a book by Septimus P. Sunderland M.D. (1915) Old London's Spas, Wells and Baths.

Dr Sunderland was the President of the Balneological and Climatological section of .... (I forgot to write it down).

Nice condition, leather-bound and illustrated with engraved views of the various watering places.

Sadly Mr Blanchfield (the bookseller) wants £40 for it.  He'll get it easily. He knows what it's worth and could probably get more. And I suspect that I'll be able to lay my hands on a library copy somewhere in London.  But if any of you country folk want it:

write or phone John Blanchfield (*), 5 Stanmore Place Leeds LS4 2RR
phone 0113 2742406
(no e-mail) he does credit cards but prefers letters and cheques.

If any of you do buy it, please send me photocopies of the plates! (a very small commission to pay for a definitive work!).

phone 0113 2742406