>Seriously, can the listserv administrator refresh my memory as to how to
check the archives (I
>seem to recall that this listserv does preserve an archive, doesn't it?) or
if not, has someone saved
>all the messages in the "contact metamorphism" thread that Gren Draper
recently initiated?  I
>deleted some of the earlier exchanges, but I am now thinking that it would
make a great starting
>point to spur a class discussion next time I teach petrology.

Pavel Azimov has now provided us all with an action replay of the contact
metamorphism exchange so far but if you want to get at the archives for
anything else, the easiest way is to go to the geo-tectonics web pages. The
archives are at -

http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/geo-tectonics/archive.html

For anyone without web access they can be retrieve via a mail message, I can
provide the commands if anyone needs them but I don't have them to hand
right now.

Cheers

John, List owner