John,

It is disappointing to see that you will only be involved if you as a
parent get
a vote. If this is the case then you and your organisation should join
NCID
National Council on Intellectual Disability, ACROD & Australian Carer's
Association.

Obviously Disability Australia's philosopies, goals and methods differ
from yours.

Personally I would hate to think my support of equal rights for
Aborigines and
Women was conditional on me getting to vote in their organisations.

Frank HB