At 0:22 PM -0400 99.5.15, Neil Smith wrote:

> 	But the responses that have simply reiterated "Stop the
> Bombing", while not all supporting Milosevic, have chosen to see Milosevic
> as a victim.  Seiko Kitajima argues that the Serb onslaught in Kosovo is
> purely reactuive and defensive.  This is simply unsustainable.  In Croatia
> and Slovenia in 1991, in Bosnia Herzegovina in 1994-1995, and in Kosovo in
> 1999 there was one common denominator.  It was not NATO or even the US;
> not Croatia nor Bosnia.  The common denominator is Serbia and Serbian
> nationalism now fascism since 1991 has been utterly offensive not
> defensive. A Greater Serbia is the clear goal. To focus on the very real
> and vicious assaults by Croats in 1991 and Kosovans (KLA) more recently
> while excusing Milosevic as "reactive" is perverse.
> 	Even the most committed "Stop the Bombing" folks admit that the
> Serb military had massacred a minimum of 2,000 in Kosovo before the NATO
> attacks.  If there was any convincing argument that a halt to the bombing
> would lead to a halt to the ethnic cleansing I would immediately sign up
> for the most strategically simplistic version of "Stop the Bombing."
> Instead it seems to me obvious that Montenegro, the last remaining state
> of old Yugoslavia is already in Milosevic's sights.  That's why a fascist
> like Milosevic has to be stopped.

I did NOT say Serb assault (reactive nationalism, I said) is PURELY reactive.
I said we cannot blame one ethnic cleansing or exclusion while ignoring
others,
which occurs almost simultaneously in the same region. As I told, New York
Times on November 1 1987 reported Serb minorities were terrorized
(including killing boys) by Albanian leadership already in 1987. Also as I
told,
 Croats lobbied the west in aiming to create Greater Croatia since the 1980s.
Your argument that the source of evil is Serb Fascism seems to be
ill-informed.
As far as ethnic cleansing (or similar conducts hich include killing
children and
 elderly)  is conducted by other side, both should be blamed. Judging one side
fascist, while other as victims, is either ill-informed or taking a  side
from the start.
Also, I cannot understand how you can justify NATO's attack while you seem
to be aware of the danger of Nato and US hegemonic intention --- indeed, I
think,
the primary motive of the bombing.

Seiko Kitajima