I have been asked by a colleague to contribute this message to the list.

A total of five funded places (via the Students Awards Agency for
Scotland) are available on a Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental
Management course for the session 1999-2000 at Bell College of
Technology, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland.

Enquiries are invited from interested students.

The course is multidisciplinary in nature and aims to build on a
science or management background to produce individuals with a
breadth of skills to practise as environmental managers within an
organisation. The course is delivered by a lectures, tutorials,
field work & case studies, and includes a 12 week work placement
(undertaken April - June). Our work placement students are highly
regarded by employers and we have a strong record of placing successful
graduates in jobs.

The course is approved by the Institute of Environmental Management
(IEM) under their Signature of Committment Scheme and been designed to
train students to a standard to pass the Associate Membership
Assessment Paper.

To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must:

1. have been ordinarily resident in the British Isles for the 3 years
immediately preceding the academic year in which the course begins;

2. be settled in the UK within the meaning of the Immigration Act
1971;

3. have been ordinarily resident in Scotland on June 30th prior to
the start of the session.

Generally, if the reason for the applican's stay in the British
Isles during the 3 year qualifying period was primarily to receive
full-time education, the applicant will not be regarded as having
been ordinarily resident in the UK.

Interested students should contact Mrs Pauline McFarlane (Tel: 01698
283100 ext. 342; or by email: Dr. Kevin Sinclair ([log in to unmask])
for further information and details on how to apply.

John Penny,
Dept. of Biological & Chemical Sciences,
Bell College of Technology,
Hamilton ML3 0JB,
South Lanarkshire,
Scotland, UK.