Greetings from NZ
Tried using oral midaz 1g/kg for about a year with good results but a bit
slow in onset
Have been using intranasal midazolam 0.4 mg /kg for about one year now
It is faster (10-15 mins) and the nursing staff prefer giving it to the oral
much to my surprise
I am sure the real benefits lie in the amnesia for the whole experience and
the reduced likelihood of producing older children who have a needle phobia.
The use of midazolam for these children marks a turning point in the
development of Emergency Medicine. God help the poor kids just wrapped in a
blanket (like I used to do for many years)
Regards
John Chambers
Emergency Physician