Hello

I'm afraid that there has been a fairly drastic change to the programme
previously posted - not my fault, really! - but I hope that this revised
programme will still be of interest to you.  We regret that the afternoon
presentation by Microsoft was cancelled, but we think we have found an
interesting replacement.

Revised Programme
=================
Wednesday 5 May
Venue: Heriot-Watt University, Learning Technology Centre

10:00 - 10:15  Arrival and coffee

10:15 - 10:45	 Multiverse - Ruth Thomas
Multiverse are developing a toolkit to allow academic staff to build
simulations for delivery over the web.

10:45 - 11:15	 The Nathan Bodington Building - University of Leeds
Andrew Booth (Principal Adviser Teaching and Learning Technology)
Jon Maber (Learning Systems Development Officer)
The Nathan Bodington Building is a WWW-based learning management system that
provides facilities for academic staff to produce and manage interactive,
on-line learning resources, which include group commmunication rooms,
questionnaires and multiple choice tests.  To simplify development, training
and implementation, all authoring and management is undertaken via
form-based templates using any popular Internet browser.

11:15 - 11:20 Quick break to collect some coffee

11:20 - 11:50 Pioneer - Scottish Council for Educational Technology
PIONEER provides simple student management and various types of
asynchronous communication.  Within PIONEER, navigation is particularly
good, with
colour coding and standard layouts making the structure of the materials
transparent.

11:50 - 12:30 Merlin - Nicollete Ellis, University of Hull
Merlin is a web-based learning environment for on-line course delivery,
teaching and learning support, resource development and collaborative
working. Developed originally from a languages discipline Merlin
particularly features communication tools.

12:30 - 1:00  General Discussion

1:00 - 2:00	Lunch

2:00 - 3:30 	Fretwell-Downing Education, Mark Sampson (Sales Director)
Mark has kindly stepped in at very short notice. The Fretwell-Downing
environment has recently been selected for adoption by the University of
the Highlands and Islands.

3:30  Tea and Close

Registration
============

If you would like to attend please let me know by e-mail
([log in to unmask]) or phone(0131 451 3279).  There is no charge for
attendance.

Because of the changes in programme it would be appreciated if those who
previously said they were coming could confirm whether or not they still
plan to come.

Sorry about all the changes. Thanks for bearing with me.

Nora
Nora Mogey	     	   	     LTDI Co-ordinator

  Learning Technology Dissemination Initiative
ICBL, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS

	  	Tel : 0131 451 3280
		Fax : 0131 451 3283
	   http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/ltdi

		  LTDI is funded by
  The Scottish Higher Education Funding Council