At 10:09 29/04/99 EST5EDT, you wrote:
>I just got a notice for this conference in my mailbox. I though I'd
>post the information to you all:
>
>THE BIBLE AS BOOK: THE TRANSMISSION OF THE LATIN TEXT
>May 26 - 29, at Hampton Court, Herefordshire.
>
>>From the description, I quote that this conference "will seek to
>explore the development of Latin Biblical texts, from early insular
>versions through to the printed volumes of the early modern era."
>Trips to Hereford and Hay-on-Wye are included in the program.
>
>More information: The Scriptorium, center for Christian Antiquities,
>tel. (in USA) 1 (800) 333-8373, or  1 (616) 847-7220.

Sounds marvellous!  do you happen to have any contact address for those
benighted souls among us who live in the U.K.?

Incidentally, fools rush in where angels fear to tread, and being no angel I
have undertaken to teach a course entitled "The Latin Bible" - The history,
text, literature and exegesis of the Latin Bible.  Bibliographies and hints
would be welcomed if offered in a spirit of charity.

Oriens.