An over-enthusiastic spring-clean has led me to delete the reference to a
female pilgrim who was disguised as a boy, entered a Cistercian monastery
and was not discovered to be a woman until her death. Could some kind list
member reinstate it for me - and does anyone know of other examples of
cross-dressing saints? (Men dressing as women would be particularly
interesting!) This is partly a query from m'learned colleague Miranda
Aldhouse-Green who is doing something on cross-dressing deities and was
intrigued to hear of more modern Christian parallels.

Maddy Gray