>What a wonderful thing!  It worked perfectly for me.  At least, it came up
>with a date;  whether or not the date was correct, God knows.
>Thanks, Otters.
>
>Bill.

Dear Bill,

The algorithm on which I based my program was invented by some
mathematician in the last century (I forgot the name) and is generally
supposed to produce *mathematically* correct results. Whether these results
are also *historically* correct is another question, depending on the
specific period and region you are interested in. There is also, of course,
a possibility that I produced bugs of my own when writing the program. I
wrote it originally as a MS-Dos executable and checked it thoroughly (also
by comparing results with a chronological handbook), but then rewrote it in
JavaScript and found out to my surprise that suddenly most easter dates
fell on a 35th of april... The problem was due to a missing character in
the program listing (we all misspell a few things in our live ;-), but now
that I have fixed this bug I think the results are again mathematically
correct.

Yours,

  Otters?

Otfried Lieberknecht, Schoeneberger Str. 11, D-12163 Berlin
tel: ++49 +30 8516675, fax: ++49 +89 6661792543, [log in to unmask]
  Homepage for Dante Studies:
http://members.aol.com/lieberk/welcome.html
  Listowner of Italian-Studies:
http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies/