Dona:

Your history-heritage-hearing stages in building a disability studies
program caught my eye. I believe this is also the right sequence in
building a sense of diability culture that transcends specific
disabilities for those of us inside as well as outside the classroom.

That's what I'm trying to do with my discussion forum, and I find it
very exciting. Just wish I had more students at the university level
participating in my 27 discussion groups. I wish I had prepared myself
for real-world experiences before I left academics 34 years ago. There
was very little opportunity to share disability-related experiences back
then. I welcome ideas and suggestions.

Jim
--
James R. Hasse, IABC Accredited