Colleagues,
                    Masters for Geographers

You/ your students may be interested in a Masters in Leisure, Tourism and the Environment.

This programme is developed from our research and is strongly influenced by cultural geography as well as having strong content in sustainability, UK and global issues connecting theory, policy and planning. Leisure/tourism Practices and Space, and Cultures of Leisure/tourism are key theoretical frameworks on the prorgamme and include the semiotics and embodiment processes of leisure and tourism as well as issues of class, gender, ethnicity and other changing contexts of consumption and production.

One third of the course is by Dissertation, 25,000 words, supported also by a research methods module including ethnographic and other qualitative methods as well a GIS and quantitative work.

We enjoy very good links with a range of academic and professional agencies in the UK and overseas.

Please call me by Email and on UK -1376 570513 x 3339

David Crouch, Professor of Cultural Geography, Visiting Professor of Georgaphy and Tourism, University of Karlstad, Sweden.