Hi all

I was chatting to an anaesthetist colleague recently.  He was talking
about the use of ketamine as an anaethetic.  He said that in the
anaesthetic room he wouldnt use ketamine without something to dry up
secretions because of the excessive salivation that can result.

I would be interested in the experience of others as to whether this
presents a large problem when they have used ketamine pre-hospital as an
anaesthetic or as an analgesic and whether anyone routinely uses agents
to counter this.

Cheers
--
Jel Coward

..take a look at the Wilderness Emergency Medicine and Command Physician courses

http://www.wildmedic.org
http://www.wemsi.org

'There's no such thing as bad weather - just bad  clothing"
                                                Anon Norwegian