Dear All

If we are going to use attachments on the list, perhaps there should be
ground rules !

Helen quite correctly remembered that I had posted  PowerPoint format X-ray
images (twice) in the past,, mainly as an experiment. The file size was 100K
or less, and should not have caused anyone difficulty with bandwidth or
server space. The postings brought one or two compliments but no flamers,
but I confess that I too get irritated by gobbledegook which my software is
incapable of reading (as much because I am missing out as anything else !!).

Because many list members have lower versions of Windows and Word/PowerPoint
etc, perhaps there should be some guidance from John regarding format and
maximum size of attachments ? An academic list should have the capability of
handling attachments, so I disagree with a total ban.

 After all, we aren't just a chat line.................... !! ;-)

Rob Cocks     HK