This is to inform my friends and colleagues on lis-maps and carto-soc
that I shall be absent on maternity leave in May for one year, so I
won't be at the BCS Symposium as I shall be otherwise occupied!  We
are looking forward to the birth of our baby in mid-July, and so far
all is going well.  I am intending to return to work on a part-time
basis in May 2000.

There is therefore a temporary post available to cover maternity
leave for a Manager of the Geographic Resources Unit, and I am
attaching the relevant advertisement.

You can read more about the various GRU facilities and resources on
our web page.  Connect to Geographic Resources Unit via:

http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk

With best wishes
Ann
Ann Tillotson