 ----------
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SCI patient
Date: Sunday, 07. February 1999 7:47Õ

> I would recommend a psychiatry consult for the patient.
> If the physicians in infectious diseases are following him for his MRSA,
> they can suggest a way in which he can be taken out of the room, with
> appropriate precautions.
> Also, it might be a good idea to have a family/ patient / health care
> team meeting,peferably in the patients room and posting some kind of a
> schedule for the patient's daily routine and incorporate P.T. into this
> schedule.
> If possible, a visit by another SCI patient who has undergone successful
> rehab may be a big morale booster.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Nazir Ahmed P.T.

Hi everybody,

If it is possible transfer him to spinal cord injury center, if  not already
in. Another SCI patient will be of good help.
Most important is having psychiatrist  consultation  at most priority, as
obviously he is depressed. a physiotherapist can help him to some extent as
we know the problem and can explain in better way. help him getting out of
trauma first . treat the bedsore. MRSA  should not hinder the management. I
agree with stefanja as far as infection concerns.
regards ,
charu. [log in to unmask]