Dr Matsen, and  Sarah Jackins PT, have an excellent protocol, outlined in a book, sorry I am not sure of the
title. Essentially, Do not work on abduction. The folks we see get 140 degrees forward elevation (flexion)
and 40 degrees external rotation by discharge, 2 or 3 days after surgery. This is passive or active assist. They
carry on 3 reps 5 times a day until 6 weeks when they do a strengthening program. No resisted internal
rotation to avoid re avulsing subscapularis.
Any specific questions,and I can ask Sarah, as I work with her.
Tracey.
--------