To all those who requested information regarding programmes in
schools for special needs children, I thought the easiest thing to do
would be to share our resource list.  We have used a lot of material
produced by "Therapy Skill Builders".  My internet is down at the
moment so I can't check to see if they have a website or anything.
For catalogues you can contact Communication Skill Builders
(Therapy Skill Builders) phone: 1-800-228-0752, fax: 1-800-232-
1223, e-mail: [log in to unmask] (This is in Texas).  In
Canada try: The Psychological Corporation phone: 1-800-387-7278,
fax: 1-800-665-7307.

My particular favourites are: "Transferring and Lifting Children and
Adolescents", "Caring for People with Multiple Disabilities" ( a great
resource for teaching assistants/parents on how to carry out range
of motion, positioning, feeding, transferring, dressing, etc),
"Pediatric Strengthening Program", "Positioning for Play", "The
Consulting Therapist - A Guide for OTs and PTs in Schools",
"Developmental Motor Activities for Therapy", "Senseabilities -
Understanding Sensory Integration" (I have used this with many
teeachers, assistants, parents regarding the children with autism
that they care for - a really good resource in user friendly terms with
ideas for intervention for home and classroom), we also used
"Training the Physical Therapist Aide - A Guide for the
Rehabilitation Professional" to give us insight as to the kinds of
things we should teach and what our expectations should be.  What
I like about the Therapy Skill Builders material is that it usually
includes reproducible sheets that I can leave with a parent or an
assistant as a visual reminder of what we did, said, and
recommended.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Erica