I have to admit that transformation  is an organic process to the
transforming organisation. The changes (whether evolutionary or
revolutionary) has to be launched based on the context of the organisation
with respect to time. This will mean that the "state of affairs" and
tendancy/ orientation of  each part of the organisation should be measured
and monitored continuously.

The process is very intensive and extensive across the organisation. Very
powerful leaders can implement transformation. Their power is not just
given but amassed from the length and breadth of the organisation from time
to time.

The transformation process is so dynamic that, it is not always best to
predict and plan beyond what is feasible.

There is a limit to the "load" the organisation can digest on the
transformation diet. The speed of transformation should be a function of
the organisations ability to digest.

Transformation is to be led from the centre of the organisation than from
the top or bottom or the periphery. The dynamic centre of the organisation
is always the level of dynamic equilibrium of various dynamic forces acting
on the dynamic organsiation.

I have found this from our business transformation programme. Our current
level of growth could not have been predicted when we started. And if we
had predicted that "people would have laughed at" at that time and "faith"
in the growth rate would have been feeble. We continuously "stretched" and
"pole vaulted" from where we were time to time. We scanned the present more
than the past, we streched or vaulted to the future from the present. This
transformation strategy  resulted in excellent transformation control.