At 12:02 PM 2/25/99 -0000, you wrote:
In France (near Tours)  in the vicinity of Valieres-les-grands lies the (no
doubt pretty) village of Ste Fripette-les-bois. So far no work of reference
I have looked at has told me who Ste Fripette was, and when She may well
lurk in the Acta Sanctorum, but without a clue as to her feast day I cannot
easily start. Les Petits Bollandistes does not mention her in its index.
Can anyone supply a clue?

Anselm Cramer OSB
Ampleforth Abbey, York

Dear Anselm

I think the best way to get valid informations on Ste Fripette is to contact
the Societe historique d'Indre-et-Loire. I tink it's not a well known saint.
I've ever ear the word "fripette" here in Quebec, but it is used to tease,
friendly, a related , a kid. I searched "Fripette" on Internet yesterday
night and I lead to a site from the Iles-de-la-Madeleine (Canadian East
coast, in Quebec) on which it is said that the "fripette" is a meal (made of
sea food), a "madelinoise" speciality.  What a mystery!
I could have a look tomorrow at Laval Un. where there's a lot of books on
saints from France.

A bientot.  Claire
Claire Labrecque
Departement d'histoire