Dear Fabrizio,

Perhaps you may want to look at Ramsay MacMullen, _Christianity and Paganism in the Fourth to Eighth Centuries_ (Yale University Press, 1997); James C. Russell, _The Germanization of Early Medieval Christianity_ (Oxford UP, 1994); Henry Mayr-Harting, _The Coming of Christianity to Anglo-Saxon England_ (Pennsylvania State UP, 1972); and Peter Brown, _The Rise of Western Christendom_ (Oxford: Blackwell, 1996). I found these books very informative. Each will also have an excellent bibliography pertaining to your topic.

Hope this is of use,

Stephen

Fabrizio Contic wrote:

It's Fabrizio from Italy. I'm interested in christianisation of rural
people in the middle ages. I'm looking for some information about
meeting between christian religion and other kinds of pre-christian
beliefs, and about the psychological impact of this. Jean Delaumeau was
a master in this kind of research, anyway his studies concerning much
more modern age than middle ages. Does such a research related to middle
age exist?